/5th October 2018, FAA, Drone Market Watch™/ On October 5, 2018, the President Donald Trump signed the FAA Reauthorization Act of 2018. The Act establishes new conditions for recreational use of drones and immediately repeals the Special Rule for Model Aircraft. The agency is evaluating the impacts of this change in the law and how implementation will proceed.
The Reauthorization Act cannot be fully implemented immediately, please continue to follow all current policies and guidance with respect to recreational use of drones:
1) Fly for hobby or recreation only
2) Register your model aircraft
3) Fly within visual line-of-sight
4) Follow community-based safety guidelines and fly within the programming of a nationwide community-based organization
5) Fly a drone under 55 lbs. unless certified by a community-based organization
6) Never fly near other aircraft
7) Never fly near emergency response efforts
Updated direction and guidance will be provided as the FAA implements this new legislation.
Original and full article text of Reauthorization Act you may download from here: FAA Reauthorization Act of 2018
More information about USA drone (UAV) market you may read here: North America Drone Market Reports
About Drone Market Watch™
Drone Market Watch™ is delivering strategic insight about emerging commercial and civil drone (UAV) markets. We partner with our customers to provide research and consulting reports in areas appropriate to their specific requirements. Our primary focus is drone (UAV) manufacture, software development, infrastructure inspection, renewable power plants inspection, oil and gas industry inspection, filming and media, agriculture aerial crop analysis, transport and delivery, first responder markets, etc. More information about Drone Market Watch™ you can read here: http://dronemarketwatch.com/about-us/mission